Sunday, July 10, 2011
Wowsa, I cannot believe its been over a month since my last post. I really stink at blogging. I guess I am just busy living life. I will give you a quick update of whats going on in my life since I posted last.
1. My daughter fell off of a trampoline and fractured her skull and received a pretty good concussion. We spent 2 days in hospital and a week home recovering. All seems good now. She is on low activity for the summer though. No more falling on her head any time soon.
2. I started and finished "Prayers for Agnes Sparrow". Was a great book with a very surprising twist towards the end of book. Did not see it coming. It is the 1st book of a short series and so I look forward to reading the other books. Right now I have put it on hold to read "The Help" before the movie comes out next month.
3. Awesome 4th of July. One of my favorite holidays. The firework show in our town was amazing this year.
4. Swimming pool up and going and we are really enjoying it a lot this year.
5. Working on Raggedies for the summer. Already finished one I started a few years back, completed one for my friends niece, and starting another. I am also going to be making one to donate to the Quilt Guild Fund Raiser in the fall.
6. My friend Shelley is here visiting from California and was thrilled to find out she is planning to move back to Texas. That makes me very, very happy. I will miss her when she leaves but will anticipate her returning very soon.
7. Still working out every day. Curves, Mon, Wed, Fri. Walking at Civic Center Tue, Thurs. No weight loss, but also no weight gain. So all is good for now. One day maybe my body will let me loose more weight, but for now, I will just be happy where I am.
8. Had our 30 year class reunion from Highschool. It was so wonderful to see all my classmates. Everyone looked amazing. I cannot wait till we all hook up again at the end of July. From this, I got hooked back up with one of my B.F.F.'s and we are just having a great time chatting on the phone and visiting with one another.
9. Kadie's Hamster had babies!!! 4 of them. So adorable!!!
10. Our town now has a train that will take us just about anywhere we want to go in the metroplex. We rode it this month and I loved it. Rode it to a nearby downtown square where I did some major fabric shopping. So much fun.
11. I love my husband and daughter. We are having a wonderful summer so far and hope to have many more fun filled days and memories of our family and friends and time together.
Well I guess that is about it for now. I know the summer will be busy so I want promise to post on regular basis. I do promise to post a update though again soon. Until then, May your summer days be long and fun and most of all STAY COOL!!!!