Hey friends, thought I would start off with a self portrait of myself. I was up early this morning and I guess you could say I was a little bored. LOL!!!! Playing with the settings on my camera. I have had it for a few years now and still I do not know how to use anything else but the auto!!! I think this setting is actually called self portrait!!! I think it darkens everything but the subject. Wish it could darken some of the wrinkles on my face.
So Day 5 and 6 of my HCG diet has been much better. Not near as hungry and the amount I am eating is actually starting to fill me up and satisfy me. Its amazing at what 3.5 oz of fish looks like. I was thinking I could eat the whole fillet, but when I put it on the scale it weighed close to 9 oz. That's more than 2 days worth on this diet. Actually I went online and read about serving sizes and 3.5 oz is what we are suppose to eat all the time. I realize now that I have been eating way to much food at one sitting. No wonder I am over weight. It is teaching me that its not what you eat, but how much. Not sure how in the world to increase calories when the 23 days is up. I would almost have to be eating all the time to do it. Anyways, I have lost 7 pounds so far. I know that is water weight cause everyone has at least 10 pounds of water weight, and I have been peeing like there is no tomorrow. Almost every 30 minutes I have to go. So that tells me there is lots of fluid in my body. Still it feels good to see the scales move down rather than up like they usually do. The best part is that my blood sugar is still staying very low. If nothing else comes from this but that, I will be a super happy camper. That is my main concern with my health. Yes it would be nice to loose about 50 pounds, but not near as nice as my blood sugar staying low and stable. I will eat like this the rest of my life if that is what it takes.
Other goings on for this month besides my job.....
1. Starting school not this coming Monday since that is Labor Day, but the next Monday. We have sort of started already. Doing some Math review and started working on our History. We are doing a really great History Curriculum this year. It is called History of the World. This year we are doing Volume 2, Middle Ages. We are on Chapter 3 and it has been so interesting. I love the way it reads.
2. My friend Dawn and I are starting a Scrapbook/Card Ministry at our church. We are both so excited. We are having our first big get together with some of the other ladies on October 22-23. We have had sign ups last Sunday and this coming Sunday. So far we have about 7 ladies interested in coming. Hoping to get some of my other friends involved as well cause we are going to need a lot of help making cards. Everything we do at our church we do it with the attitude of "Going Big" We are going to make this ministry "BIG" It will be so much fun.
3. Book Club we are reading "Skid" by Rene Gutteridge. I have not really started it yet, so I got to get busy reading. I have to have it read by Sept. 12. I think I can get it read pretty quick. I am getting to be a much better reader these days. I can actually stay focused longer than 1 chapter. This book club has helped me so much with my reading.
4. Some other fun church activities we are starting are Family Game Night and a new Prayer class. This class will be teaching us purpose of prayer, different ways to pray and we will spend time praying for our Church, Pastor, World leaders, Missionaries, Our City, family, friends, ect.... Whatever is needing prayer. I am so looking forward to this class. I have always wanted to be better at praying.
5. Soon as we get a little cooler weather, we are planting grass in our yard. Right now we have dirt and its getting a little old to look at. So looking forward to greener yard!!!
Ok, so I am going to get off here and help my daughter with her history and then start reading my book. Have a blessed evening!!!