This week I decided to make my little girls Halloween costume. She was last minute in deciding that she wanted to be Little Red Riding Hood, and because I could not find anything that was all ready premade or cute enough for my baby girl, I decided I had to give sewing a shot. I found this cute pattern in the McCalls pattern book. Now I am by no means a seamstress, but because I did take homemaking in school and have done some assisted sewing projects over the years, including 2 other costumes, a few baby outfits and some doll clothes, I was able to get through this with very few mistakes and no help from anyone (patting myself on the back proudly). The pattern was much easier than I expected, which I am so thankful for. If I had not been in such a hurry to finish, I might not have had any mistakes. The mistakes happened on the piece I least expected, the bodice. I really expected the cape to be hard, but it was very simple. The bodice had lots of elastic and binding and that was something I had not done before. So with some struggles, some seams being ripped out and even starting completely over on the bodice piece once, I made it through and finished in record time. Today we put together her basket and now she is ready to do some trick-treating. These are the times we shall remember the most!!!